Apple Pressing Service
Apple Pressing service
book your place now:(click here)
Why not bring your apples to our 300 year old apple press. We can turn them into apple juice or cider, which will last 2 years. Computer controlled monitoring and recording of process. Please note: the process and price is for personal consumption only.
Suggested to have at least 20% bramley apple to give it some crispness. 100% Bramley juice is quite tart; a bit like grapefruit juice, and some eaters can make a very sweet juice. Cider apples make unpalatable juice too.
To book a place on a Friday or Saturday throughout September and October, please book with link above.
1kg of ripe apples = 1 bottle/750ml of juice. (approx.)
Minimum pressing 80kg* for smaller quantities see below.
- Filling*, pasteurising, capping and washing bottles. 45 mins=40 bottles
- Labels(optional). Polyester white background, colour laser Printed, lasts for many years through pasteurizer. please supply your own design,.
- Reusable bottles: customers will be responsible for the bottles being clean internally. Rinse out and keep original caps on immediately after use. New caps provided free after pasteurising.
- Plastic reusable crates can be sold for you to transport and store your bottles in. We highly recommended these 20 bottle crate £11 each
- for cider juice, preferably using cider apple varieties as they contain more sugar and tannin and less malic acid. made at juice bottle rate per litre. ie 220L = 70p*220. Just juice no pasteurising.
Cider apple pressing service.
Small batch cider 75L, 120 pints. You will need:
- 100kg cider apples, maybe some desert apples. Definitely no cookers.
- 3 x 25L cider barrels/poly pins for brewing cider. (£40 each from vigos)
- 3 x 4 pint milk containers. (for topping up during fermentation)
This can be used to make cider or cider vinegar too. Written instructions will be provided. The cost for this is £75.
Large batch of cider: 220L, 400 pints
We can provide a oak cider barrel and press your apples for you. You will need 350kg of apples and 6 months to ferment. We charge £1 a litre to press the apples for you.
Store your juice in a clean cool place away from sun light. This product will last for 2 years. Some varieties of apples will produce more sediment then others. This leads to a cloudy juice. Over time, this sediment may condense more, and will need a good shake to make the juice cloudy again. Alternatively, discard the sediment at the bottom of the bottle when consuming. Keep an eye out for mould developing on the juice maybe, as 1 in 200 bottles may be affected. Once consumed, rinse out the bottle and place the cap and place back in storage again for refilling next year. Plastic crates are the best option for storage, as they can be stacked 60 bottles high - see below.
Plastic reusable 20 Bottle crates cost 6 for £72. We can provide these, which will make life more convenient for you (if you intend to reuse your bottles next year). There is also a buy back option. We give you £15 per crate of empty clean bottles. Please note the bottles must come with the caps and clean inside and out.
all prices quoted on this page are subject to change at any time due to supply- chain changes.
FAQ: can we press just for juice. Yes please bring containers to take the juice away in and freeze within 12 hours. Priced per liter not bottle
can we bring 20kg: Were sorry but each batch is 40kg and we need to be 2 or 3 batches to make it worth our while as we need to clean and reset the equipment. You could join forces with neighbours.
can we bring our own old wine bottles. No, best to pasteurize all in the same style of bottle to ensure all the juice is treated the same.
how long does it take:. it can take 2 to 3 hours typically for 80-160 bottles.